Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Big Show

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days but I've had a lot to do in getting ready for my Senior Portfolio Show. It was a wonderful show and there was some really great artists showing some really beautiful artwork. The only problem I had with the show was that there wasn't any illustrators there to give me any good feedback. The only professionals present were involved with big design firms that didn't give me or my work a chance. But that's the way it goes.

This was the setup of my booth in the art building. It doesn't look like much and it isn't. I don't have a large professional portfolio but I believe in quality over quantity. It was a really fun show and I feel like I had some strong pieces.

Some of my friends looking at my sketchbook. I had to chase it down a few times that night because apparently everyone looked at it more than my actual pieces! I don't blame them because I like my sketchbook far more than my portfolio work.. It is the central piece of my portfolio.


Two of my greatest friends looking at my artwork. I really appreciated everyone that came by and took the time to look at my stuff.


The illustrious and illustrative Boone Sommerfeld. Us two had a huge crowd in our corner of the room that night. Could it be that we are cousins and incredibly good looking? Or are we just two artists trying to make it in this world? I prefer to think both sometimes. Sorry for sounding arrogant. There are far better artists out there than me.


The great Leslye. She had a beautiful booth which included a book that she illustrated! She is so magnificent!


This is her beautiful book.


One of the page spreads from her book. It is even more gorgeous on other pages.


The one and only, Professor Neil Ward. He looks young and is young but don't let that fool you. This chap knows his shit. One of the best animators I've seen.

No comments: